You’ve invested in a decent screen so it makes sense to look after it. Here is how to prolong the lifespan of your projection screen:
- Avoid mounting the screen near the window or heat source
- When mounting the screen use adequate equipment to make sure the screen is absolutely level as even a slight deflection may cause the screen surface to stretch over time and thus reduce the lifespan of your screen.
- Always roll the screen back into the box after use. Do not leave the screen in the down position.
- Avoid getting water or other liquids onto the screen. You can use the following method to clean small marks off the screen surface:Prepare a small bowl of water and place few drops of the washing up liquid into the water. Use a cotton bud dipped in the water mixture to apply a small amount of liquid gently to the problematic area on the screen. Remove with a dry cotton bud. Never apply too much liquid to the surface.
- If there are small indentations on the screen (from knocks, etc), applying gentle heat to the area will often allow the dent in the screen to ease out. Use a warm iron or similar and apply from the rear of the screen. Never use a naked flame!
If you have a damaged screen and want to know if it can be repaired, give our Screen Specialists a call for advice.
Here’s a video with advice from Da-Lite.